Everything, everyone slows down on a snow day…I think it’s Mother Nature reminding us to stop and enjoy the extraordinary gift of another day, without worrying so much about work, deadlines, to do lists, numerous errands and the usual ordinary rush-rush of a typical week. It’s a welcome break in the usual routine. Here are my Top Ten Reasons I’m Thankful for Another Snow Day in Brookside:
10. The neighbors are out–shoveling snow, visiting in the street.
9. The kids are off school–they can sleep in late and goof off all day.
8. Imaginative snow sculptures!
7. A different form of exercise today: clearing the walkway and drive.
6. Homemade hot chocolate!
5. Walking to the grocery store for supplies, I hear the silent snow.
4. It’s OK to be lazy, watch movies, bake a tasty batch of cookies.
3. Everyone seems to be in a good mood and extra friendly.
2. Impromptu dinner with whoever is around.
1. Appreciating the beauty of winter– I love Midwest living with a full four seasons!
Enjoy your snow day!!